The International Men’s Day on Nov 19 and Universal Children’s Day on Nov 20 forms a 48 hour celebration of men and children respectively and of the special relationships they share.
Objectives of International Men’s Day include a focus on men’s and boy’s health, improving gender relations, promoting gender equality, and highlighting positive male role models. It is an occasion for men to celebrate their achievements and contributions, in particular their contributions to community, family, marriage, and child care while highlighting the discrimination against them.
The International Men’s Day celebration gives an opportunity to further the objectives of the global grassroots movement which are as follows:
- To promote male role models
- To celebrate the contribution that men make
- To focus on men’s health and well being
- To highlight discrimination against men the inequalities that men and boys face
- To improve gender relations and promote gender equality
To create a safer world for everyone Let us join on 19th November in celebrating the contribution men and boys make to those around them, to their family and friends, their workplace and the community, the nations and the world.